This spinach and cheese egg bake is perfect for a weekend brunch or meal prep for the work week! It’s super easy to throw together and tastes amazing. This recipe is very easy to customize based on what you have on hand, such as swapping out the cheeses for different varieties. You can also use fresh spinach for this egg bake, just make sure to sauté the spinach before mixing with the egg and measure the amount of spinach after it’s cooked. Pair this recipe with some fresh fruit and you have an amazing breakfast meal!
Spinach and Cheese Egg Bake
Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk ( I used whole, but any is fine)
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/3 cup cooked crumbled bacon (about 3 slices)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 10 inch round baking dish (or a 9 x 9 square one). Add all ingredients besides egg and milk to the dish, reserving some cheddar to top the egg bake, if desired. Mix the ingredients thoroughly and ensure they are spread out evenly throughout the dish.
- Whisk eggs and milk together until well combined and pour over top of the spinach mixture. Top with reserved cheddar and place into preheated oven. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, ensuring the top doesn’t get too brown. Let cool and cut into six triangles or squares. Serve warm or room temperature.
Note: This can be refrigerated for up to four days or frozen for up to three months.